top of page
Activity Instructor Insuranc

Outdoor Activity Instructor Insurance

Outdoor and Indoor Activities Instructor (including Freelancers) Business Insurance


We understand that as an activity instructor you need insurance for peace of mind as you concentrate on your business.  Whether you're an individual activity leader who may be working on a freelance basis, or a larger organisation with employees, we will endeavour to provide the right policy for you at an affordable price. We cover many indoor and outdoor activities allowing us to build tailored policies around your needs.


Alongside our insurance knowledge, we have a great deal of understanding of the outdoor activity industry, from the range of qualifications to the wide ranging activities. Our specialist activity instructor insurance policy will help cover you correctly - other 'off the shelf' policies may not. 

Activities We Insure Include:


  • Climbing and abseiling

  • Kayaking and canoeing

  • Bushcraft and survival courses

  • Team building and leadership

  • Camping, walking and hiking

  • Ghyll scrambling

  • Canyonning and Tyrolean Traversing

  • Coasteering

  • Cycling and mountain biking

and more...

Wide-Ranging, Affordable and Tailored Insurance to Protect You From All Angles.


As an outdoor and indoor activity instructor, there are various types of cover that will suit your specific requirements, such as:


Public Liability

Protecting you against bodily injury claims or third party property damage claims that may occur, which you may be held responsible for. A claim made against an outdoor instructor for bodily injury is one of the highest risks that you could face when instructing your clients, hence the it is highly advisable to purchase a public liability policy. Generally, the industry standard is a £5m limit of indemnity - we can also arrange £1m, £2m and £10m if necessary.  

Employers Liability

Employers liability can be a legal requirement even if you employ staff on a part time basis or have volunteers helping the business. We are able to provide advice on this area of insurance as it can often be a grey area for outdoor businesses. Employers liability will protect the business from injury / illness claims by employees that you might be accountable for.

Professional Indemnity 

Cover for negligent advice provided for a fee. e.g. you may provide advice to other companies on how to structure a climbing or bouldering wall. If you provide advice as a consultant within the outdoor market, it is recommended to cover yourself with professional indemnity insurance in case a claim is made against you for negligent advice following a financial loss. 

Activity Equipment

Alongside your liability insurance, we are able to provide cover for your activity equipment. We can cover items directly related to your activity instruction, such as climbing helmets, karabiners, kayaks, canoes, tents etc. Cover can be arranged for items in storage and also while in transit / unattended vehicles. 

Personal Accident Cover

If you feel you should cover yourself against the risk of injury to yourself, we are also able to provide personal accident insurance which will pay out in the event of a personal injury caused while you are working. We have written an article about personal accident insurance and its importance for the outdoor industry - click the link to read more Or speak to one of our advisers.

Travel Insurance

If you are thinking about participating in outdoor activities abroad and need some cover, we are also able to arrange this for you. Please have a look at our Holiday and Travel Insurance page for more information

Take a look at some of our blogs relating to outdoor instructors

bottom of page