Getting stronger and building muscle is one of the most popular goals that has been set for 2019. The burpee squat press is a great exercise which is simple to do, does not require a lot of equipment and will work the whole body. All you need is a couple of dumbbells and you’re ready to go.
How to do a burpee squat press:
1. Start off with a dumbbell in each hand – if you’re new to this, around 5kg should suffice – if it’s too light, increase the weight slightly.
2. While holding onto the dumbbells, perform a burpee action.
3. With control, complete a press-up motion while keeping your spine in a neutral position – also make sure that your core is engaged the whole time. After completing this, stand tall.
4. While standing upright bend your arms slightly above shoulder level and then perform a squat. As you stand up from the squat push both dumbbells above your head.
5. Complete 3 sets of 12 reps if you’re a beginner. If you feel like you can do more, add in another set or increase the weight of the dumbbells.
6. There are other variations of this exercise which you can view in the YouTube video below.